Pink Sprinkles Milk Tart
The Pink Sprinkles milk tart recipe was created for a little bit of variety in our household. It was my oldest daughter, (Mariesa’s) idea. I guess after three days in a row of eating Traditional Milk tart one tends to come up with such great ideas!
The recipe is much like the Traditional Milk Tart recipe with just one or two tweaks.
PINK SPRINKLES MILK TART RECIPE
- 6 cups of milk
- sugar to taste (I use half a cup)
- A pinch of salt
- 3 dessert spoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry essence (You can use any essence you like)
- 2 eggs
- 6 heaped tablespoons of Maizena corn flour (corn starch)
- 250 ml extra milk
- Sprinkles of your choice (I used 100’s &1000’s)
- Bring the milk, sugar, salt and butter to the boil (stir every now and then)
- Meanwhile, mix the maizena (corn starch), 250 ml milk, cherry essence and eggs together in a separate jug.
- As soon as the milk starts to boil, whisk in the maizena, milk and egg mixture for about 1 – 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and spoon into a tart dish
- Allow to cool at room temperature for about one hour
- Sprinkle with 100’s & 1000’s and refrigerate
My children love this recipe! I’m sure yours will too!